School Forms and Policies:
August 13, 2012
Hola - Konnichi Wa - Bonjour - Ni Hao
It is indeed a pleasure to welcome all our returning and new students to the 2012-2013 school year! The staff is excited, prepared and looking forward to the new school year.
The first day of school, Tuesday, September 4, 2012, is a very short time away. On this day, the PTO will host its annual First Day Celebration, beginning at 8:00am. Classes will start immediately following the rally.
On the first day, please be prepared to pay the school’s Activity Fee of $100, or $200 for families with two or more students enrolled at Murray.
New for 2012-2013:
• New School Hours – Students start at 8:15am and end at 3:15pm; students are considered tardy after 8:30am;
• New Teachers – Cindy Fillilove (7th and 8th grade writing); Amy Hammerand (Spanish); Natasha Jones (5th and 6th grade reading); Juanita Paulinski (5th and 6th grade math); and Shihua Xie (Mandarin) ;
• New Teachers’ Assignments – Helen Andersson (Reading RtI school-wide), Lincoln Brown (5th and 6th grade science), Rachel Davis (1st grade, room 105), Jeff Rowell (5th and 6th grade writing).
• New Parent Orientation -- The kindergarten orientation is Friday, August 24th at 10:00am; Grades 1-4 orientation is Wednesday, August 29th at 5:00pm; and Grades 5-8 orientation is Thursday, August 30th at 5:00pm. Students are welcome to join with their parents.
• Executive Functioning – All students in grades 5-8 will participate in a structured program supported by Rush Neurobehavioral Center.
Lastly, on Saturday, September 15, 2012, we will host our first annual PTO New Parent Night from 12:00pm to 2:00pm.
I hope that you and your family enjoy the remainder of your summer – I look forward to seeing you next month!
We are Murray, we are one!